Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Treasure Every Moment

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted!  The boys are more and more active every day and I don't have a lot of extra time to spend blogging.  I have a few minutes now, so I'll give a little update on life in the past few weeks.

As I mentioned, the boys are really active these days; they still aren't crawling, but they get on their bellies and spin and scoot themselves around and get where they want to go.  The days of putting them in their swings to play and walking away to get things done around the house are over!  We put off the inevitable as long as we could, but last week, we finally accepted the fact that the boys have outgrown them and they have been packed away :( 

Both boys have mastered the words "dada", "mama" and "ga-ga" (doggy).  "Mama" was both Lucas and Nicholas' first word, but it was quickly followed by "dada" which they say from the time they get up in the morning until they go to bed at night.  It is very amusing for us to watch playtime with the boys now - they are getting more inquisitive and both have developed such a great sense of humor.  Peekaboo, the itsy-bitsy-spider, pat-a-cake and general silliness are very popular with the boys these days. Oh, and the Treehouse channel too (no, it's not their babysitter, but I don't have a problem with a little Toopy & Binoo or Thomas the Tank Engine!). 

I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that my boys are growing so fast.  With every new milestone that comes along, I am very proud, but also really sad that time is going by so quickly - my babies soon won't be babies anymore!   A couple weeks ago, I organized all of the clothes they have outgrown and it was fun to look through all the clothes and look back at each stage that they have gone through.  Looking at the little onesies they came home from the hospital in was incredible - I can't imagine they were ever that small, the clothes looked like they belonged to a doll!

Last week, we had our first evening away from the boys.  For Christmas, we bought my Dad tickets to a Merle Haggard concert and last Wednesday night, hubby and I took him while my Mom and a friend looked after the boys.  It was a nice night out, as Dad is such a huge fan of Merle's (as am I) and it was so nice to see Dad enjoy something so immensely.  Unfortunately, us being away was hard on the boys, as it was the first time in 9 months that anyone other than Mommy or Daddy did their bedtime routine (one of the many downfalls of not having any immediate family living near us). 

Speaking of family, we took advantage of the Victoria Day holiday and went to Larry's River to visit my family and hubby's Dad and Stepmom came along.  Even though the weekend was busy and passed by incredibly quickly, it was so nice to spend time with the family - the delicious feed of lobster was an added bonus!

This week, I am trying to get some prepping done for next week - I am going in for my gallbladder surgery next Wednesday.  Thankfully, my Mom is coming up for a week or two to help with the boys, as I will be out of commission for a while.  So this week, I'm busy preparing food for the boys and trying to get some much needed housework done.

The Spring into Action activity challenge is still going on and I'm happy to say that I have gotten in at least the minimum activity every week.  Since starting the challenge and eating practically no fats (to try to avoid gallbladder attacks) since April 14, I have lost another 5 lbs :)  Another small victory!  Unfortunately, the surgery next week will put a stop to exercise for a week or two, but then I'll be back at it!

And again, naptime is over, so I must go get lunch ready for the munchkins! 

Thanks for reading,
Daphne :)

 
My first Mother's Day with my boys
May 12, 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment