Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Embracing Change

I had a moment of panic last Thursday evening.  The lady who runs the dayhome that the boys would be attending when I return to work sent me a message; she had accepted a job in another province and will be closing her daycare before I return to work in September.  Ugh.  If you've read previous posts, you probably know that I've been terrified to leave my boys and return to work.  For the past few months, to try to get them acquainted with Katie and her daycare, I have been dropping them off once or twice a week for a couple hours.  It has been going really well, which has made me feel a bit better about returning to work, so when I got the news that she was closing up shop, I was devastated.  I put out a couple ads right away and had quite a few responses.  By the time I went to bed that night, I had heard from at least 4 qualified people, which made me optimistic.  We have since met a very qualified dayhome owner in our subdivision who is the likely candidate....just waiting on reference checks.  So, fingers crossed, we will have the boys used to someone else before I start work.  Returning to work is looking like reality now since I haven't won the lottery yet ;)

Life is changing all the time, we're always moving from one stage to another.  We've gone from bottle feedings every 3 hours to making baby food, now on regular foods.  Our time isn't spent preparing bottles and baby food anymore, it is spent chasing babies around and trying to keep them entertained....and safe!  Just when I think the house is baby-proofed, they go after something else that needs to be moved out of reach! 

Even though they look so much alike these days, they have their own individual personalities.  Lucas is still a mischievous little clown who likes to get people's attention and make them laugh.  Nicholas is happy to entertain himself most of the time, rolling and spinning from one end of the house to the other to point out the things that shouldn't be within his reach!  Up until the last couple months, we thought that Lucas was the more ambitious of the two and thought he would be the first to walk; now that is doubtful.  Nicholas is constantly trying to stand/crawl/walk and Lucas is happy to sit in one spot on the floor, playing with whatever is around him.  It is obvious that they have inherited both parents' stubbornness and their father's devilishness (that couldn't possibly be from me, right?!). 

In two week's time, the boys will turn one.  I can't believe it!  When I was pregnant, I would have people tell me all the time how fast the first year would go, but I had no idea!  Lucas and Nicholas are such characters and I love them more and more with every passing day.  Even though we are far from rich, I feel like we have everything we need in life :) 

Thanks for reading,
Daphne :)

Lucas - July 2013

Nicholas - July 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment