Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Challenge Accepted!

I haven't posted in a while as the last week has been a bit hectic.  Last weekend, we agreed to have a nice, relaxing weekend and not do much other than cooking and housework.  It started out great; Friday night we put the boys to bed and we sat down in the dark living room in front of the TV with a glass of wine and enjoyed each other's company and the temporary freedom from the babies.  Saturday was a pretty typical day, with me in the kitchen making baby food at every chance I got and Daddy keeping the boys (and doggy) occupied with baths, walks and his usual silliness.  Since I was in the kitchen all day making baby food, hubby was cooking supper - grilled prime rib steaks and spinach salad - yum!  It was all too perfect - the boys were content and we ate our supper without having to get up from the table once.  Just after supper, I got up from the table and started to clean up the dishes when it hit me...a gallbladder attack :( 

This was my second attack in the past couple months; apparently, they are quite common during and after pregnancy.  When people tell you how bad these attacks feel, you think they are exaggerating; with no exaggeration, child birth feels better!  I ended up going to the ER and coming home with strong meds, but continued to feel awful until Tuesday.  Thankfully, hubby was able to stay home from work on Monday and Tuesday to take care of the kids - I don't know what I would have done without him!  I had an ultrasound on Tuesday which showed that, as suspected, I have gallstones and will most likely need surgery. 

Monday was the start of the "Spring into Action" challenge.  Obviously, with the gallbladder issue, I was in no shape to do any sort of physical activity.  In the past, I would have seized the opportunity and used this as the perfect excuse to pull out of the challenge - this time, I promised myself that I wouldn't.  The challenge is to get at least 30 minutes of activity a day at least 5 days a week, so I told myself that even if I couldn't do anything on Monday and Tuesday, I would get my butt in gear and make up for it starting Wednesday, which I did!  Wednesday, two friends and their kiddies came to visit and we went out for a walk with the kids (and Nico, of course) and enjoyed the beautiful afternoon.  Thursday, I packed the kids and the dog up and we did a trail walk at the park.  The boys slept and Nico and I played Frisbee and she swam until her heart was content!  This evening, Nico and I will go for a walk and I'll get some form of activity in tomorrow and Sunday and then I've met my challenge for week one!  It sometimes seems like such an effort to get out and get moving, but it always feels so good during and after - I always need to remind myself of this!

I need to get up and moving now...the boys are sleeping and the housework isn't doing itself!  Happy Friday to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment