Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Time to Start a Blog!

As a mother of infant twins, I don't have much time for the hobbies that I enjoyed in my pre-mom days.  The one hobby that I still make time for is cooking and though I love to cook and be creative in the kitchen, some days it seems like a chore.  The other day, I found myself in a craft store looking at jewelry making supplies to replenish my stock and start something new, but then I thought "when will I really have a chance to complete any of these projects?"  Since naptimes are too short to drag out all the supplies and get anything productive done before the twins wake up, my only free time is after they go to bed at night.  After full days of baby chasing/feeding/changing, making baby food, doing laundry and housework and cooking the adult meals, I really don't have the energy to drag out all the supplies and begin a project (the thought exhausts me, actually!).  Other hobbies that I once enjoyed are scrapbooking and cake decorating and unfortunately, I don't have time for those things either.  So, I ended up walking out of the craft store empty handed, still feeling the need to do something creative; this blog was my solution.

Through pregnancy and since the twins have been born, I have had so many questions at every stage, many of which are not answered by reading books - many of my questions could only be answered by other moms.  Most of the time, I have known the answer to my questions, but just felt the need to hear it from other moms for reassurance.  I am hoping that I can answer some of those questions and provide that reassurance to other moms out there.  I do not claim to be an expert by any means, but I will share my own experiences with my kids and will let you know what I found works and what doesn't work and you can take it with a grain of salt.  What works for one doesn't work for all, but my theory is to gather as much information as you can and use whatever works best for you. 

One of the things I have been most perplexed by so far with my kids is food.  Since introducing solids, I have had a million questions (I'm sure that's not an exaggeration!).  Some of the books that I bought are fantastic, but I still had questions that were not answered, so between talking to my doctor, mom friends, POMBA members (Parents of Multiple Births Association - a MUST for parents of multiples) and just using my own judgement, I have found things that work for us.  I will share recipes and any tips that I can give, as well as books or other resources I have found useful.  Please feel free to add comments providing tips or feedback to any of my posts. 

Because life isn't all about our kids, I will add posts that interest me and may be of interest to others, such as some of my favorite recipes and other random posts.  I hope that you will find something here to interest you.  Keep checking in for updates, I hope to update often!

Thanks for reading!

Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment