Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Life is Good!

It's Sunday morning, the boys are napping and hubby is out doing the grocery shopping.  I'm sitting on the couch relaxing.  I just finished my second cup of coffee and Nico is laying on the floor beside me.  It's not raining and there is a little glimpse of sun every now and then.  The only "must-dos" for the day are cooking, some light cleaning and a walk with the dog and/or family (depending on the rain holding off).  Life is good!

But really, how can the weekend be a bad one when you start it off as I did...Saturday morning, I got up and went about my normal routine and when the boys went for their morning nap, I got showered to go out shopping (for the boys) for the afternoon.  When I got out of the shower, I went through my closet and just for fun, I tried on a pair of the jeans that were at the back of my closet; these were jeans that I didn't figure I'd ever fit into again, but just couldn't throw out.  THEY FIT!!!  And not even the "lay down on the bed, suck your gut in and quickly zipper" kind of fit, they actually fit!  There was nothing that could get me down, it was a good day!

I've always battled with my weight and through the years, I've lost weight and gained it back over and over again.  Gaining a pound or two is enough to start the downward spiral back into overeating and putting off exercise and suddenly the one or two pounds turns into ten.  Since having the boys, I realize that I owe it to myself and them to be healthy and I want to look and feel good.  I now find it easier to eat more sensibly and strangely enough, I actually enjoy exercise (even though I often have to remind myself of this before any activity).  I don't know exactly how much, but I am down somewhere in the vicinity of 30 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, which I am pretty proud of.  I still have a long way to go, but I feel like I have already come a long way. 

I have lots of love in my life.  I have a great family.  I have everything I need to care for myself and my family.  I have lots of great friends who I know I can count on when it matters.  Life is good!

1 comment: