Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Mateo!

Today is my nephew, Mateo's, birthday; he is eight.  It is unfathomable that eight years have gone by so quickly!  Mateo is my only sister's son and he is such a sweet, bright, unique boy I was lucky enough to bond with from the day he was born. When I was growing up, I was always unsure as to whether or not I'd want children of my own, but when Mateo was born, I knew that I did.  My sister and her family (as well as my parents) live three hours away in the town that I grew up in.  When Mateo was a baby, I'd go home some weekends and I'd spend most of my time with him - I knew how crazy I was about him when I'd turn down a night of partying with my friends to stay home and cuddle up with him!  At the end of the weekend, when it was time to leave, I'd always end up in tears, missing him as soon as I'd pull out of the driveway, saddened to think about how much he would change before the next time I'd see him.  Eight years later with kids of my own, I still get that feeling when I leave.

I hope you have the best day ever, Bud!  Auntie loves you, xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment